PDII Response to COVID-19
In response to the number of requests for support and questions from the field, the NJEA Professional Development and Instructional Issues Division has planned a series of webinars addressing a wide variety of issues being brought forth by our members.
The webinars address a variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- Conversations on equity and inclusivity (Freestyle Fridays)
- Tools for working remotely
- Information management
- Working safely and maintaining privacy in a remote environment
- Professional growth
- Health and safety
- Online pedagogy
All topic areas have webinars designed for ESP, Certificated Staff, or both. The topic list continues to expand and will be offered through the end of May with the potential to grow as needed. Sessions will be provided Monday through Friday. See calendar
All NJEA organized webinars will also be recorded and made available on this site.
For members to earn a certificate, they need to attend to the following:
- Ensure up-to-date MARS information, especially email address.
- When signing into WebEx – provide full name and email address matching MARS information.
- Remain for the duration of the event.
For certificated staff, it is recommended that you request to update your Professional Development Plan (PDP) with your designated supervisor (administrator) to include webinar content.
Best Practices for Participants:
It is recommended that members participating in the sessions do the following
- Use a computer or iPad. A smartphone or call-in is not recommended as it will result in a diminished experience.
- Maintain a muted mic unless called upon by the host.
- Use headphones to prevent echo.
- If concerned about personal privacy, turn off camera. Sessions are being recorded.
- Use chat to ask questions or raise tech concerns.