From time to time, every child experiences fear. As our students explore the world around them, having new experiences and confronting new challenges, anxieties are almost an unavoidable part of our lives, especially at this unprecedented time. In this workshop, we will offer ideas to help alleviate some of these concerns and build a positive mindset and resilience.
This resource is brought to you by member candidates of the NJEA Teacher Leader Academy.
- CASEL https://casel.org
- How to Help Your Child Get To Work by Kate Looney, BCBA, Wall Township
- Helping Children Manage Emotions During Uncertain Times https://youtu.be/cQXW6jpfZyQ
- Permission to Feel Mood Meter by Dr. Marc Bracket https://mcusercontent.com/61074e06e3d0dbb68b91c0a79/images/f2433734-a59f-45d5-8350-e55e30f553b1.png
- SEL Discussion Series for Parents and Caregivers, CASEL 2017 https://casel.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/CASELCaregiverGuide_English.pdf
- SEL for Parents by CASEL https://youtu.be/y2d0da6BZWA
- Schools, Families, and Social Emotional Learning: Ideas and Tools for working with Parents and Families https://www.casel.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/schools-families-and-social-and-emotional-learning.pdf
- Three Reasons to Raise Grateful Kids https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/three_reasons_to_raise_grateful_kids
- California Surgeon General’s Playbook: Stress Relief for Caregivers and Kids during COVID-19 https://www.chconline.org/resourcelibrary/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/CA-Surgeon-Generals-Stress-Relief-Playbook-for-Caregivers-and-Kids-During-COVID-19.pdf
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine https://www.adolescenthealth.org/Resources/Clinical-Care-Resources/Mental-Health/Mental-Health-Resources-For-Adol
- Pathway 2 Success
- NJ Psychological Association on Managing Stress
- 5 Ways to Help Youth Take Care of Mental Health